REVEALED: Daily Kos’ AstroTurf Program to Manipulate Google and Trash GOP Candidates
October 9, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
There is more than one way to manipulate the public, and the progressive movement has turned it into an art form. Less than one week after their AstroTurf rally in Washington DC, where unions and socialist organizations foot the bill to bus people to the nation’s capital city, the Daily Kos has developed an new AstroTurf program with the objective to Google to trash Republican Candidates.
As a result of this, not only is it possible for us to use our hyperlinks to impact what people find when they search for information on candidates, but we would be foolish not to do so in a way that benefited our preferred candidates. We are already impacting search engine rankings whenever we post any hyperlink anywhere, so we need to make sure the way we use hyperlinks helps result in our preferred political outcomes.”
- Title damaging in and of itself. Not many people who see the article will actually click through and read it.
- Name of candidate in title. In addition to a catchy title, it is key that the name of the candidate appear in the title itself.
- …Find negative articles from as high profile a news organization as possible. When high profile can’t be found, then local news outlets will do just fine. Whatever you find, make sure said news organization is at least ostensibly claims to be non-partisan.
- …Already has a high Google ranking. Increasing the visibility of the article will be a lot easier if the article already has a decent Google ranking. For our purposes, top 100 is OK, and top 50 is good. Something already in the top 20, or even the top 10, would be awesome. (Note: make sure you sign out of Google before conducting keyword searches on the candidate’s full name to test the Google ranking of the article).
- Name of candidate in URL. The SEO effort will be greatly enhanced if the name of the candidate appears in the URL of the article.
- Keep it short… Keep it recent…
Interestingly the White House has been complaining recently that “secret” GOP money has been flowing into key districts manipulating the outcome of the campaigns. Frankly I believe this most recent Presidential whining has no basis in fact. Either way, to be consistent Obama should be screaming at this blatant attempt to manipulate search engines to defraud the public. Then again, it has also been proven that this President has no desire to have a fair election process; this is the President whose Department of Justice refused to prosecute ACORN for election fraud, and has been accused of treating Caucasians and minorities differently in election related Civil Rights cases.