Sometimes I think my conservative compatriots go a bit too far. They say that the three-year-old Obama administration is totally void of achievement. That is total nonsense; in three short years Barack Obama has increased the national debt by $5 trillion dollars, that’s more than George Bush did in eight years and almost as much as every president from Washington-Clinton combined.
I don’t want to give you the impression that Obama’s only achievement was the record increase in debt, but the man who promised change Washington D.C. can also count some scandals among his achievements. Here are just some of his achievements:
- Going to war in Libya without first seeking congressional approval.
- The administration’s screwing of the primary GM investors so he could give the company to his buddies in the UAW.
- Offering Joe Sestak a White House job to drop out of the Senate race against Arlen Specter
- Offering Andrew Romanoff a White House job to drop out of the Senate Race against Michael Bennett.
- Dropping an already won case against the New Black Panther’s.
- Refusing to prosecute African Americans for Civil Rights violations.
- Ignoring a court order to ease up on restrictions against deep water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, instead issuing tougher restrictions.
- Circumventing the Senate by setting up a “shadow cabinet” of Czars.
- Obama’s Justice Department’s refusal to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). Ignoring his constitutional responsibility to defend laws passed by Congress.
- Firing (and slandering) AmeriCorps inspector general Gerald Walpin after because he was investigating Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson a friend of the Obamas.
- Practicing crony capitalism and wasting taxpayer money with Green energy loans to Solyndra and other failing companies.
- No bid contract given to a company owned by major Obama donor for a small pox vaccine that doesn’t work.
- Fast and Furious: Giving guns to Mexican drug cartels in an attempt to take away guns from law abiding Americans.
- The GSA and Secret Service scandals neither of which should be blamed on Obama directly, both of which show his poor management of the federal government.
Interestingly the President has taken a wait and see attitude on the secret service scandal:
“I expect that investigation to be thorough and I expect it to be rigorous. If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I’ll be angry.”
Count ’em 15 different achievements of the Obama Administration. Granted they are all scandals, but no one should ever say the administration has achieved nothing.
Link back to Yid with Lid http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2012/04/obama-administrations-15-scandalous.html